Friday, July 25, 2008

Everyday is a winding road

Sheryl Crow knows what she´s talking about. I was taking an extremely therapeutic walk this afternoon and heard this on my ipod (GRACIAS A DIOS I BROUGHT IT!) and figured it was a good way to start my posting. It is very true that everyday here is a winding road, literally and figuratively. There are so many unknowns and unexpected bumps in the road, you have to take everything with a grain of salt.

We did yoga in session this afternoon as well as talked about mental health, so I´ve been doing some minor soul searching. I am very anxious to see how these next two years will change my perspective on things, not only on the world, but with myself, as well.

Anyway, tomorrow we embark on our 20-hour journey to the jungle. Chris and I keep singing ¨Welcome to the Jungle!¨...I have a feeling this may be our theme song for a few months.

My family is making me a good-bye dinner tonight...I got to pick whatever I wanted! Since my choices were pretty much potatoes, rice, chicken....oh and bread...I chose chicken with ¨ensalada¨(green peppers and tomatoes). Woo hoo.

Oh and a sidenote, my dog was wearing a shirt today. Why? He was cold, my sisters said....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think Elly should wear a shirt Corrie? I we decide to, she'll absolutely wear a Maryland t-shirt!
XOOXOXOXOXOX,
Anna

Anonymous said...

oh corrita! you seem to be having so much fun! Reading your posts, it all became real for the first time. I still can't quite believe that you are all the way out there in Ecuador. I'm so happy for you, and a little envious too. I'm not sure I'd be able to pull it off as well as you. So you're going to the jungle...please watch out for evil jungle creatures - do they have ROUS's in the amazon? I loved seeing the pictures, especially you herding the llamas! Awwww....corrie, you are having the adventure of a lifetime. Shackleton would be proud ;)
I love reading your blog - will you have interweb in the jungle? I hope so.
anyway big hugs from me and the parentals.
peace and love,
Danielle.

Anonymous said...

George, George, George of the jungle - friend to you and me...watch out for that tree......
You go girl!
Love ya,
AJ