Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Picture Time

Hey everyone. I feel like I´ve been really lazy about putting up pictures, so this will hopefully make up for it. Not much new is going on...I can´t believe it´s March already! Geez! Time is FLYING. Oh...big news in my casa is that I finally bought a fridge!! YEAA COLD BEER! Hahaha but it is actually really nice and making my life, and food, a lot better. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture before coming down here, but I think you´ll enjoy the rest...



Me with one of the doctors, Yolanda, who came for the medical brigade. The two other girls work for FODI in Yantzaza. This was our last day translating...phew.

Chris and Pete, the only other male that came along on the brigade. Damn, Chris is really excited...but I think it´s because of that AWESOME ferris wheel behind him. This was set up during Yantzaza´s fiestas...and I rode it not once, but twice. It was totally up to code and completely safe, I assure you.




The new pool they inaugurated in Zumbi. Check out that bangin´slide! Got to go down it...had to push myself with my hands because of the lack of water and shalack. They need to consult the Evendale Recreation Center...


Good shot from the 4X4 races Yantzaza had during fiestas. People were lined up all along that hillside watching. Mud was flying everywhere. The other volunteer who came to visit, Jason, and I agreed those people on the fence would definitely not be there if this had been in the US. Those cars were whipping around that corner and the mud was like butter. There are really no safety standards here at all...


This was where we danced like crazy and got ridiculously soaked. Chicaña, just up the road from Yantzaza, is known for their Carnaval fiestas. People go there to swim in the river, cook out, dance, and get down right diiirrrtttyyyy!

Hahaha I love this picture. How could I not post the one thing that makes carnaval possible?! CERVEZA! This isn´t a perfect representation of what was consumed this week in Yantzaza, but a pretty good idea of what things were like. VIVA CARNAVAL!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chiquita! The pictures are great!Mammmaa

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cor-Cor. Pictures are great. I see you are keeping up the fashion wearing those beads with tshirts. Stay safe. xo

Anonymous said...

my lovely! It is so nice to read your blog and your amazing letters/emails. Thank you so much for writing all this wonderful stuff about your journey. I feel like a bad friend for not responding enough, but know that you are in my thoughts and that your stories have brought such joy to my life even when it was falling apart. so just a short little blurb to say thanks.
and I WILL get round to sending you a proper email/letter!
~Danielle, aka the furry one!

Anonymous said...

Dude, I was in Chicana for this year's Carnival. I tried looking for a tall blonde lass, but I couldn't find you.

Later,
Andre (RPCV Ecuador 2003-05)

Anonymous said...

mmmmm... pilsener, good times.

-ace

Anonymous said...

Yum, "pilsner" brand pilsner.

Anonymous said...

Corrie-
I loooooove your pictures! Especially the one where you are wearing the 'USPC' shirt!! Now that shirt is a keeper for life!
Stay healthy my bumblebee!
Anna Grace