Saturday, October 18, 2008

¡MI DANTA!

Thursday we had a big health fair in Zamora for World Food Day and we served fruit kabobs, lemonades, yogurt, and other nutritious food to the school kids. It was really fun and the fruit was AMAZING! But anyway, when I got back to the wild animal refuge that I am living in when I am in Zamora, the DANTA was out! It´s like a bear slash ant-eater...so crazy. But I was able to snag some pictures of it for you guys.



La Danta....

Corrie y la danta...


Two Kichwa doctors and me. Dr. Rumi, in the middle, gives me rides to work in the morning. He´s super chevere...and we´re wearing the t-shirts I designed! (With some minor adjustments...)




Preparing massive fruit cups for the lil´ kiddies...
This week I got a lot of stuff done, though. I was able to interview 14 women on Tuesday in Zumbi! It was a lot of talking, schmoozing and walking but I learned a lot about Zumbi and the needs of the families in the community. Got me thinkin´on a lot of ideas...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty hot date you have there. Should I call him Mr. Danta?

Anonymous said...

Corrie-
I looove the pictures. They definately make me feel the way you must. You must be having so much fun! You luckie-duckie!!!
XOXOXOOXOXOXOX,
Anna
P.S. Elly is jealous of your new friend!