Monday, May 10, 2010

Don´t mind the crack!

Ah I´ve been lazy with posting, sorry guys. It´s just nothing is happening around here. Literally nothing.

It´s been raining the past three days straight. I thought about going to Zamora, but opted not to due to the rain. Hey, if kids don´t go to school because it´s raining too hard, then why can´t I? They´ve also built a new bus terminal (FYI for Andres...) and it´s all the way at the end of Yantzaza. You can´t hop on wherever like you used to. They want people to use the new terminal, so when the buses leave, they put a sticker on the door and about 5 km out, the police take the sticker off. If it´s broken, because the door was opened, it´s a $50 fine. So I have to walk 30 minutes or take a taxi or local bus. Just a hassle.

This morning, as I was brushing my teeth, I was refreshed with water dripping on my head. I looked up and there was a GIANT crack running from one wall to the other. I was really surprised as I had never noted it before, and there was water dripping down my walls in my kitchen area as well. I told Doña Anita, thinking it of great importance, but she said not to pay any mind to it, that that always happens when it rains a lot. She laughed at me, do you think it´s going to crack open and collapse? Um...yea...that´s why I told you, Doña Anita. Ah silly girl, she said to me.

I´m still learnin´, people!

3 comments:

~D. said...

Corrita!
I'm glad of the update; I love love love your posts! Keep it up. I've followed in your example and started a blog of my own...check it out at
thekrakenneversleeps@blogspot.com

love,
danielle.

Anonymous said...

I knew they were building that terminal, and yes I think they were dumb-dumbs for building it so far away from downtown Yantzaza. It's the Ecuadorian epitomy of poor urban planning.

Of course, Yantzaza is growing so rapidly that in due time it'll spread to the terminal and then maybe there will be a new downtown surrounding the terminal.

-- Andre, RPCV Chicana 03-05

Yahoo Messenger said...

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it’s rare to see a nice blog like this one today..