Friday, January 15, 2010

Oh Ecuador...

Random moments throughout the past couple of week have given me reason to just shake my head and mumble Oh Ecuador...

1) I went running the other day, past a construction site. Now that a lot of families from Spain are coming back, houses and businesses are springing up like crazy all over Yantzaza. On the second floor of a house someone was building were a group of construction workers, I didn´t really pay too much attention to them. But then as I looked up, one guy just strips down to his tighty whities! Like wasn´t trying to hide it at all! And then he saw me, so I tried to run away faster...I looked back and he started waving at me, like trying to get me to come back! I was like No gracias, seƱor! Just because I saw you in your drawers doesn´t mean I want to strike up a conversation with you.

2) Grr. My bed bugs have come back. I really missed not having them in the US. It was so nice to sleep through the night without scratching. Ay dios. But this time they have come back and BAD. I have one on my buttock and I can´t sit down! My little cohorts in crime, Delia and Estefany, say they are these bugs called Tepas or something and they bite and leave giant bites. After 7 times of biting you they never bite you again. I have no idea if this is true but they said it with such authority I figured why not trust the 10 year olds? So we spent a good half hour last night trying to soak my bite in hot water and salt...it was hilarious. Hopefully it´ll pop soon....

3) Running in the rain. It never gets old. And I love the smell of the rain on the hot asphalt. This was and always is a great moment.

Everything else has been super tranquilo, have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

corrie!
hey girly, how ARE you? it sounds like things are going well over there- and you might not be comin back in Aug? things in botswana have been ... pretty lame? it's been rough this time around, but im hanging in there! and NO i never got your moms package! omg that is SO sweet of her, please tell her i am SO thankful that she was even thinking of me. seriously, that is beyond sweet. Guinea mail was risky, but Botswana is like America. I'm chillin at the Post Office now using internet. Anyways, know that I'm thinking about you doing the same thing I am on that other continent over there ... take care chica!!

Scott said...

You can say "butt." It's all good.

Enjoy the warm weather. Hope to see you soon.