Wednesday, November 11, 2009

OH NO TORTILLA!

Ay dios mio.

My cat got knocked up. I know, I know...how can a little kitty get pregnant so early? But apparently her cattin´ around was for real and those late night escapades to the adobe roof proved to be dangerous.

I told her to be careful...but no...didn´t listen to me.

I got back from Cuenca and noticed that her stomach was swollen. I thought that maybe the girls taking care of her had just given her one too many eggs, but the swelling hasn´t gone down. And she´s only getting bigger. Delia, my neighbor, thought she ate a rat. Too bad it was HER cat that impregnated mine!

Not much other news. Just Tortilla is a little hoochie.

Oh there is some news with the electricity. Apparently there isn´t enough water for the hydroelectric plants and they are trying to conserve energy. So they are shutting down entire grids at planned moments. This week we haven´t had electricity in the morning and then from 7 to 8 pm at night. It´s weird knowing when you´re NOT going to have electricity. But it helps make things easier. So we´ve been making do by constructing our major puzzle by candlelight (me and my neighbors). It´s like we are pioneers...but Shuar....or something like that.

4 comments:

christine said...

Hello Corita, I took a few moments to read your blog....OYYYH your little kitty! I laughed so hard when I read your witty account. What will happen to her kittens?

How long are you staying in N. America over the holidays? Will we have a chance to see you?

Lots of love and hugs, ma and pa ciccone

Scott said...

Haha pregnant kitty! More mouths to feed! You are its parent; you must teach it how to be safe!

Indeed, very weird knowing when you won't have power. Gotta finish drying your hair at 6:59, and not 7:00!

Come home soon.

Anonymous said...

My Shuar wife grew up in her Chicana home without any electricity. When we were dating, I used to visit her and they used candles all the time. (They finally got electricity about two years ago).
-- Andre, RPCV 03-05 Chicana

Kristi said...

duder. spay spay spay!! too bad Hermes got his balls removed or we could be related... also, i miss you heaps and heaps. if you were one of the little women which one would you be?