Thursday, November 20, 2008

I FOUND AIR CONDITIONING!

OMG! I just experienced air conditioning for the first time in 6 months, and good thing I wasn´t wearing socks, cuz it would have definitely knocked them off! I went to the Banco de Loja to get change for a 20 (since that´s all the ATMs dispense, yet no one has sueltos...so annoying). Anyway, I walked in and just stood there, I think I might have drooled a little. Syke, but the armed security guard was pushing me through the line (huge line of 3 people, and I had to walk through that stupid maze of ¨bank elastic rope¨...you know what I´m talking about). But there was one guy in front of me and he kept telling the other people to go in front of him, I think he was just chillin in the air conditioning, too. Smart man...

Anyway, as if you couldn´t tell, it´s hot as....well...it´s really, really hot. Whoever said global warming doesn´t exist is stupid because it´s alive and well down here. And everyone down here, who actually LIVE and ENJOY this heat, says its abnormal for this much heat at one time. And it hasn´t rained either...

Not much new to report on. I did more nutrition charlas this morning, man those girls are funny. I wasn´t in the mood to talk either, I got locked out of my house last night (long story...) and had to sleep in the hammock with the dog, so I was not a happy camper. And it was really hot. But I did the three charlas nonetheless, and was able to control the masses when esticker time came. Today was the 24 anniversary of the school, so they had dances and food. Each grade did a performance, the kindergartners dressed in their hoochie outfits and black boots, one girl sang Selena songs and there were even traditional Kichwa dances. I am definitely becoming more and more known here; girls were literally chasing me to walk home with me....

But goes to show how the little things are making me happy, from popsicles at 9 am to air conditioning in the bank...

6 comments:

Caitlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caitlin said...

i didn't even finish reading this post. i stopped at "good thing i wasn't wearing socks, because it would've knocked them off!"

this is why we get along. and also, i love the link you posted to my blog. how do i get to be on of those creepy "followers" on yours?

also, is it normal that literally half of my group has already started a google group and talk to each other 24/7 ? and they're bringing laptops? am i going to be too rustic by not gchatting them all day long in america and not having my macbook with me in my hut? i just trynna be a cool kid...

Anonymous said...

Wish I could send you some of the cold IL weather in a care package. The pond was frozen this morning, getting ready for some fun ice skating times!
Love ya, stay safe!

Anonymous said...

Cor-Cor,
If I were one of those girls I would chase you down everyday. You're the bee's knees cuz!
XOXOXOXOXO,
Anna y Elly

Unknown said...

Air conditions always make your living more comfortable. You can always try and get some positive results with these machines.

new jersey air duct cleaning

John L. Shafer said...

A central AC system's air compressor and condenser are usually located outside the house, close to your foundation. It works best when there are about 24 inches of clear space in all directions, so get rid of nearby shrubs, tall grass, leaves, and hanging branches.